Monday 24 November 2014

I'm back... and so is Dragon Age!

Long time no see, friends!

I'm still trying to get some videos underway but in the meantime, I'm back to blogging! In that time, really only four things happened because I let things totally consume me.

1- Dragon Age: Inquisition

I thought that this would be a good time because Dragon Age: Inquisition came out a few days ago and it's been pretty radtastic so far.


I was going to get back to blogging on the 18th, along with the Dragon Age release, but it's been so addictive I haven't really been able to get off of it. 

I'll keep updating you on it but my work is definitely getting neglected for my inquisitor. I don't even know how much my friends have seen me outside of class time.

I haven't even left the first map yet (the Hinterlands) because even the side quests are so immersive.

It's, so far, seeming like a greatly executed game. Oh, and I started playing the....

2- Warlords of Draenor expansion for World of Warcraft

I started playing this with some friends; now, of course, World of Warcraft is a great game for lore. For a long time, this was the only thing I really knew about the game. That, and the fact that one of my friends literally spent $2,000 on the game.

I consider myself an MMO connoisseur of sorts (isn't the grinding kind of relaxing?) but I've never actually had a chance to get into WoW, one of the greats.


On the first night, I played until 7am after 9 hours of gaming and it's consuming my life so much that I always seem to be seeing some sort of Blizzard HUD in the corners of my eyes. 

I've tried to get into World of Warcraft a few times, but no expansion has ever been able to really pull me in the war Warlords of Draenor does. Actually, it kind of drags me in and forces me to love it.

Usually I play as a Mage but I tried a Monk this time. I'm still playing as DPS so it's not wildly different but updates on that will follow too!

3- I was in a play (Yay!)



It was a thriller where my mother was a murderer and I played a 12 year old girl. My 20 year old friend played my 9 year old brother and, I can't believe this, but by the coincidence that we were also both Asian, someone actually asked whose children we were that they got to be in the play. 

Someone actually thought we were actual children. 


4- I cut off all a lot of my hair

And dyed it black for the play. I've heard I look both younger and older-- thoughts? It's definitely way less maintenance (what's a hairbrush?) but I also miss having colourful hair. :(

Maybe I'll buy some colour remover for the black dye to speed up the process. 



Aaaaand that's been my life so far! I've missed you, internet. 

2 comments:

  1. It's been a while since you've posted but I've only now been able to get around to check out your post! My husband has been played WoD and he loves it. He's been playing WoW since the beginning and I played through WotLK and some of Pandas, but deactivated my account. Everything I've heard about this new expansion is really teasing me to get back to the game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much for keeping up! I'm back to updating regularly. ;)
      I'd honestly highly recommend it! I play with my boyfriend and a friend and it's kind of a cute bonding experience, don't you agree?
      I've never had a chance to play through Wrath though!

      Delete