Friday 2 January 2015

Goodbye, 2014!

2014 has been definitely been one of my more... unfamiliar years. I started my second year of university, started a new relationship, moved into a new apartment, and in general, a lot around me has changed.

More noticeable than that, I'm definitely a very different person, better in some ways, and worse in others (and I don't mean all of the piercings and hair dyes I've cycled through). I find myself growing in creativity and resilience, but wavering in patience and confidence. I find that I'm expanding the world around me, but shrinking in the process.

And that's okay. Just because I'm a different person, doesn't mean I'm a worse person at all.

2014 has been all about changes, for me.

I hope very much that 2015 is about growing. I have certainly done a lot of that in 2014, but I also know that I'm not quite where I want to be yet.

I plan to be ambitious this year. I plan to be steps closer to wherever I want to be in life. I plan to get rid of bad habits and spend less time with people who are bad for me. "Broaden my horizons" as it were!

Perfect excuse to insert a picture of the Lion King horizon for no reason. 

In the mean time, I'll be playing every single side quest in Dragon Age, and watching as many movies as I can.


4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! Here's to an amazing 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed, let's make this year great for both of us! ☺️

    ReplyDelete