Friday 3 October 2014

My Apartment: Nerdvana

Today's just a quick update, but I finally got my apartment all set up! So what can be found in my nerd sanctuary (and how do you recreate it?)

Well, I finally put up my super fancy, huge, laminated map (thank you to Chapters for squeezing $40 out of me because you knew I would buy your overpriced, shiny world-paper anyway), and I got my desk set up (complete with Yeti microphone, pikachu, and unseen razr keyboard). 
And I found a perfect little cubby for my Game of Thrones Vinyls (as you can tell, I bought the Hound first, when I was a foolish little girl who took vinyl figures out of their boxes) which can be found at any old games/puzzle/card shops for like $14. 



My Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass Lunchbox which I got with a copy of the game and a bunch of Legend of Zelda DS skins, but can still be found on eBay [HERE]

I did the typical university student thing and put all of my clothes in milk crates (Target)
and then stacked my record player (Urban Outfitters) on it along with my only two records: Weezer's Blue Album and Buddy Holly's Greatest Hits (Kops Record Store in Toronto)


And I wake up every morning to my poster wall of Batman (HMV) and Professor Oak's anthropology notes on the 3 original starter pokemon.



I also ordered some fishing wire and paper clips to put up some old photos and a lantern.

But you know what's priceless? Having flatmates who make you cookies without asking: 

No comments:

Post a Comment