Thursday 8 January 2015

The Great 2015 Book List!

Okay, it's not a massive list. I am not as ambitious a reader as I used to be, as much as I'd love to read a book a week. Still, university readings really catch up to you, and a book every 3 weeks doesn't sound like much, but it definitely is. Still, I get really excited about books. No, I mean really really excited. I mean, let me refer back to this image: 


So! For this year, I've got a special selection. Nabokov's Lolita, Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse, and Dickens' Great Expectations are two of my favourite novels so I thought I'd try my hand at a few more classics this year. 
  1. Wise Man's Fear: Patrick Rothfuss
  2. A Slow Regard for Silent Things: Patrick Rothfuss (spin-off from the Name of the Wind series... I WANT IT SO BADLY.)
  3. The Picture of Dorian Gray: Oscar Wilde 
  4. At least finish Fellowship of the Ring but ideally finish the entire Lord of the Rings series: JRR Tolkien
  5. On The Road: Jack Kerouac
  6. David Copperfield: Charles Dickens (I got a $2 copy from Value Village)
  7. Fevre Dream: George R. R. Martin 
  8. Cat's Cradle: Kurt Vonnegut (I love Vonnegut's writing, but I love him as a person so intensely) 
  9. To Have and Have Not: Earnest Hemmingway (I already started this one, and it's a great novel on a literary level, but has anyone really read a Hemmingway novel? Because his blatant racism.... ok Hemmingway. Ok.)
  10. Wuthering Heights: Emily Bronte 
  11. Sense and Sensibility: Jane Austen
  12. Wild Card: George R. R. Martin
  13. The Art of War: Sun Tsu
  14. The Kite Runner: Khaled Hosseini
  15. Animal Farm: George Orwell 
  16. More Poetry 


No comments:

Post a Comment