Wednesday 4 February 2015

Sexism in the Smash Bros. World?!

You might've heard that there's this guy who has taken it upon himself to buy all of the Rosalina and Luma amiibo figures and has already pre-ordered over 100 of them. 


You'd think that this is the mark of a true Rosalina fan, but it's quite the opposite. He hates her so much that he wants to stop actual Rosalina and Luma fans from owning her. Which is pretty ridiculous, if you ask me.

I am not really a Rosalina fan (when my friends use her, they spam the same annoying moves....) but I don't think I'd go so far as to spend thousands of dollars making her fans miserable.

Even more so, isn't this sending the wrong message to Nintendo? "I don't want you to make more characters like Rosalina so I'm going to throw all of my money at her merchandise!!" Not the most logical or fiscally responsible move, buddy.

I thought it was pretty random, but he's also trying to buy out Lucina, Palutena, Robin, and Zero Suit Samus.... all strong female characters who don't really fit the Damsel role in their respective games (sorry Zelda, sorry Peach).

I'm surprised Sheik and Wii-Fit Trainer aren't on that list too.

Thoughts? No one has really commented on this being a gender issue but I can't stop feeling like that's where it comes from.

It's still pretty funny, though. Nice try, GamerGate.

No comments:

Post a Comment