Monday 4 May 2015

Tony Moly Panda's Dream So Cool Eye Stick

Bah!! Well I've just come back from New York and Japan (they were one day apart, my body is so, so tired...) and I have tons of updates! I've bought a whole ton of skincare and makeup products, eaten so much good food, and seen so many beautiful things! I know it's hard to get your hands on Japanese/Korean products in North America so I went crazy and am going to review them all :) 

First of all: Tony Moly Panda's Dream So Cool Eye Stick! ($15 CAD/USD)

For some reason I visited Holika Holika while in Japan: yes, I know it's a Korean company. I couldn't help myself.

I wanted the brightening eye stick for so long to put under my concealer (dark circles are a problem with me, I don't want to talk about it...) but when the lady showed me this, I couldn't help it. I love the packaging so much, it's so portable and cute.


I don't usually like cooling things. Like cooling cucumber shampoo? blegh-- nobody wants to feel cold in the shower. But this base is actually quite soothing, I think because it's so gentle. 

I wasn't even sure what it was for at first, but the box says for "tired eyes"and it sounds like it relieves puffiness and wrinkles and such. 
At first I thought it wasn't doing anything. And actually, not long after, my eyes started feeling sore when I was awake for too long which I suspect is from using this stick. I thought maybe I should stop using it. 

And then I started noticing a difference! Not with the wrinkles (those are a lost cause...) and sometimes my skin still looks dry, but it seems to make my dark circles and puffiness go away. Look how good my skin was looking! However, it's either slow-acting or very gentle because it only does a little and you really need to remember to apply it regularly... especially if I'm right about it making you sleepy. 


It's also very easy to apply. It rolls right onto your face and takes about 3 seconds out of your day before applying makeup or moisturizer.

For what it is, though, I would only buy it as a luxury. I could probably find something more effective or cheaper, but if you're finicky about the consistency or you have sensitive skin (like me), or you're a sucker for cute packaging, it's a good investment!

Overrall
Ease of Use: 5/5
Effectiveness: 3/5
Packaging: 5/5
Price: 4/5




No comments:

Post a Comment